Use the OverDrive website to find and checkout e-books
Getting Started with OverDrive Tutorials
OverDrive for Kindle Fire
OverDrive for Kindle E-Reader
OverDrive For iPad updated October 2013
OverDrive for Nook/Sony Reader coming soon
Downloading OverDrive AudioBooks new November 2013
Ayuda en Español para OverDrive e-Books
Para su Kindle
Drop in to any Computer Help! session and learn more about your e-reader.
Overdrive Questions and Answers
- How do I check out e-books on Overdrive?
- Our e-materials (e-books and digital audio-books) are checked out using a unique program called Overdrive, which has its own separate website and catalog. You can use Overdrive to browse and check out our e-books and digital audiobooks.
- How do I know if my e-reader is compatible with Overdrive?
- Check your device’s name against the list of Overdrive compatible devices.
- How long may I check out my e-books on Overdrive?
- You may choose to check e-books out for either 7 or 14 days.
- How many e-books may I have checked out at a time on Overdrive?
- You may check out 6 e-materials at a time. This includes the digital audio-books that are also available through Overdrive. The computer makes no distinction between the two for your item limit. For instance, if you check out 4 e-books, then you may only check out 2 more items. These can be either digital audio-books or e-books. These materials do not count against the number of physical items you can check out (DVDs, books, music CDs, etc.)
- Can I renew e-books on Overdrive?
- With the upgrade released on October 7, 2013, you can now renew a borrowed title if no other users are waiting. The option to renew will be available three days before the title is scheduled to expire to the right over the cover image on your bookshelf. Only one renewal is available.
- Can I return my e-books early on Overdrive?
- Each device has its own way of accomplishing this task. If you have an iPad, Nook, or smartphone, you can do this within the Overdrive app. If you have a Kindle, you can do this through your Amazon account. All other e-readers do this through Adobe Digital Editions.
- Is there any way to add my name to a waiting list for an e-book on Overdrive?
- Yes! If you see an e-book with a link to Join the Waiting List, then there are people already waiting for this title. Click that link to add your name to the list. Fill out the form with your e-mail address and click on submit. You are allowed up to 4 holds at a time on e-materials.
- How will I know when my request has arrived on Overdrive?
- You will receive an e-mail when the book is ready for check out. You will have 72 hours to check the book out from the catalog.
- How do I check out the e-book I requested on Overdrive?
- Sign in to Overdrive. Click on My Waiting List. There will be an Add to Cart option under the cover of the book. Click on this to check the book out. The waiting list will show all of your active holds.
- What is a wish list and how does it differ from a waiting list on Overdrive?
- The Wish List is for items you would like to download sometime in the future but are not interested in checking out at this moment. The Waiting List is for items that you have on reserve. Your Wish List can contain as many items as interest you, while you are restricted to four items at a time on your Waiting List.
- How do I know what e-books I've read on Overdrive? Do you keep a list?
- The best way to do this is to give the titles you have read a star rating. You can then view all the titles you've rated by clicking My Account, and clicking Rated Titles.
- How do I change my e-mail address for my Overdrive waiting list?
- Visit http://pplc.lib.overdrive.com
Click Sign In.
Next to each title, click Edit.
Enter your new e-mail address twice.
Repeat this process for all items on your waiting list.
- Do you have any instructions on how to download Overdrive e-books?
- Use the cheat sheet above specific to your device. Additional information is available from Overdrive at http://help.overdrive.com, on the Amazon website for Kindle, the Barnes and Noble website for Nook, and the Adobe Digital Editions website. We also offer in person e-reader assistance at our Computer Help sessions at all of the Clearwater Public Library System locations. Check http://bit.ly/cplscomputers for listings of class times.
- Where are the instructions for my Sony Reader and Overdrive?
- The instructions for using the Nook should be almost exactly the same. Please let us know if you need additional assistance.
- I accidentally downloaded a Kindle version of an e-book when I wanted the ePub. Help!
- While we can't convert the e-book to the correct format, we will be able to get it off your account for you. You can do this yourself if you have an Amazon account (even if you don't have a Kindle) following the directions above. If you don't have an Amazon account, contact us.
- I need more than 7 days to read an e-book on Overdrive. Help!
- Overdrive has made some changes recently. Here's how to set your checkout time period.
Enter your card number and click Sign In.
Click the Settings link on the right hand side.
Click 14 days next to eBook.
- OverDrive is not accepting my card number. There's an error message telling me to contact the library. Help!
- Please be sure your account is current and up to date. Library cards expire every three years; at that time, you will need to visit a branch of the Cooperative with proof of current, local residence in a PPLC member district to extend your membership. Fines and fees in excess of $10 will also prohibit access to Overdrive.
- I checked out an "open EPUB" format book. How do I return the book? I want to free up space for another book.
Unfortunately open ePubs cannot be returned early and we cannot manually remove it from your account. Your only option is to wait for the title to expire. These arrangements are negotiated between Overdrive and the publisher.
- I'd like to request an e-book you don't have. How do I do this?
- Contact us with any requests and we'll do our best to acquire a copy for you. Please be aware that not all books are made available by publishers for library lending. Some e-books are available on one service but not another. Be sure to check our 3m and Axis 360 collections for other available e-books.
- I tried to download something, but now I'm getting Error code 80131500 or 80040812 - "Failed call to fulfill the title".
- E-mail us your library card number and the title of the item.
We will reactivate the download for you. This error occurs when there are more than three attempts to download a title. We will email you to confirm the download has been reactivated. Clear your browser's cache and download the title.
If you have a question you don't see answered here, please email or call us.