Getting Started with Zinio
Before you begin, you will need:
- Your library card number and password
- A valid email account and password
1. Login to your library account.
(*Note: You must login with your library card before proceeding to Zinio.)
After logging in to your account with this link, you will be directed Clearwater Public Library’s Zinio website.
2. Create your first Zinio account.
You must do this on a personal computer, not your tablet or phone.
Click Create a new account in the top right corner of the screen. Enter your information and click the Create Account button.
3. Checkout a magazine
Find a magazine you would like to subscribe to, and click either the cover image or the Checkout Now link.
Click the Complete Checkout button.
(If you are using a tablet or other mobile device, click the link No thank you; take me to Zinio.com.
4. Create your second Zinio account.
A box requesting your information to create another account will open. You’ll need to make an account on this site as well. It’s best to use the same email address and password you used for the first account.
Enter your information.(Uncheck the box next to Send me magazine discounts and Zinio news to avoid receiving unwanted e-mails to non-library content.)
Click the Sign up button.
5. Enjoy magazines on your computer, tablet, and phone.
After checking out a magazine, you may read it online (available for most subscriptions) or read it offline using the Zinio Reader app.
6. Using apps
After completing the checkout, Zinio will give you the option to read in your browser (for Computer Use only) or download the app to your device. Choose the Download App option. (If the message fails to show, you may download the app following the direct links below.)
Questions and Answers
- Why won't cover images display on my screen?
- Try a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer 8 is not compatible with Zinio images.
- Are back issues available?
- Back issues are available from the date the library subscribed to a Zinio magazine. You will have access to all issues from that date.
- We may have print copies from the previous 12 months available. The most recent issue of a print magazine is available for in library reading only, but print back issues are usually available for checkout. Call us if you're looking for a specific issue.
- How long can I keep the library magazine I downloaded?
- You can keep downloaded magazines indefinitely. If you delete them from your device and want to read them again later, you will still be able to download any titles published after the date of your subscription.
- Why do I need two logins?
- You need one login for RB Digital, where you choose magazines to download, and one login for Zinio, the delivery service for your magazines. Keep it simple! Use the same login and password for both.
- Does Zinio work on all devices?
- Zinio works on most devices, including your personal computer, Kindle Fire, iPad, and Android devices.
- I don't see an answer to my question here.
- Try the Zinio Help page or email us.