Want to Volunteer?
Interested in becoming a TEEN VOLUNTEER for the Clearwater Public Library System? You've come to the right place!!!! Earn hours for school, scholarships, or just for fun! Our teen volunteer program is open to young people in grades 6-12.
Step 1: Fill Out the Volunteer Paperwork
Print and fill out the Five Necessary Forms.
Step 2: Visit the PCSO
10750 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL 33778, (727) 582-6200
737 Louden Avenue, Dunedin, FL 34698, (727) 582-6900
Step 3: Visit a Notary
Take the Affidavit of Good Moral Character to a notary. Local banks and office supply stores typically have a notary on staff.
Step 4: Return All Five Documents
- CPLS Check List
- CPLS Volunteer Application signed by your parent or guardian
- CPLS Photo Release Form signed by your parent or guardian
- Background Check Form completed by PCSO
- Notarized Affidavit of Good Moral Character
You can drop the documents off in person at the CPLS branch where you are applying or mail them to:
Clearwater Public Library System
Attn: Mercedes Bleattler
100 N. Osceola Ave
Clearwater, FL 33755
Step 5: Processing
Once we receive all your paperwork, we run a final background check. This process usually takes one to two weeks. We'll contact you by telephone as soon as you are accepted or if there are any problems with your paperwork.
If you are completing Service Learning Hours for educational purposes it is your responsibility to make sure that your guidance counselor or school representative has approved your volunteer assignment. It is also your responsibility to make sure that all paperwork involved is properly tracked, signed, and submitted. If you need assistance, please see either your school representative or the Volunteer Coordinator. (Bright Futures has very strict guidelines. Make sure you check with your school before beginning hours for this scholarship.)
- Summer Reading!
- My Hero Story Contest
- Volunteer Forms
- Book Lists
- We Recommend
- Homework Help
Need help finding something?E-mail a Clearwater Librarian with your questions.
Volunteer Paperwork Checklist
- CPLS Check List This list will keep you organized.
- CPLS Volunteer Application This needs to be signed by your parent or guardian.
- CPLS Photo Release Form We take lots of pictures of our events. This form ensures we can use your photo for library promotions.
- Background Check Form You need to take this form to the Sheriff's office.
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character You must have this document notarized. State regulation requires anyone working or volunteering with children fills out this DCF form.
- Due to the sensitive nature of juvenile information, local law enforcement will only release a background check directly to you or your parent/guardian.
- You must bring an ID with your date of birth on it. If your parent/guardian visits without you present, they must have your original birth certificate.
- Visit the Records Department at either location listed above and let them know you need a background check. This service will be provided free of charge. Please attach the document from the Sheriff's Department to the rest of your paperwork. You do not need to give them any other forms.