Oil Spill 2010 Online Resources
Deepwater Horizon Update: No Oil Here!
All Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg/Clearwater beaches are open for enjoyment and untouched by Deepwater Horizon oil. The future threat of oil reaching Tampa Bay is essentially zero, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. If you are thinking about visiting, view our pristine beaches and clean Gulf waters at Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater.
Current Situation Report from the Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection
Governors Executive Order Number 10-132
For information about volunteering or donating, click here.
A number of federal, state and local websites and hotlines have been established in response to the April 20 accident on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig and the subsequent oil spill. To find out more about the incident, visit the following sites:
Deepwater Horizon Response - The Official Site of the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command
Florida Department of Environmental Protection Deepwater Horizon Response Web Site
Additional State links:
Important phone numbers:
- Environmental hotline and community information - (866) 448-5816
- Wildlife distress hotline - (866) 557-1401
- To report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information - (866) 448-5816
- For general assistance and to submit alternative response technology, services or products - (281) 366-5511
- Vessels of Opportunity (boats) program - (425) 745-8017
Follow on Twitter at Oil_Spill_2010, or on Facebook at Deepwater Horizon Response.