City of Clearwater Retirees
The City of Clearwater values its retirees and their hard work and dedication throughout the years. Information and resources that you might need after retiring from the city are included here.
Attention retirees with Health Insurance: Karen Dombrowski is the retiree representative on the City’s Benefits Committee. Karen’s role is to assist other committee members and administrators in making prudent decisions involving employee and retiree health benefits each year.
Karen is encouraging all retirees to reach out to her and provide your email address so she can keep you better informed with benefit changes or other pertinent information regarding your benefits as a retiree. Karen’s email address is KJD1613@hotmail.com.
City retirees have the option of enrolling in the city's medical, dental, and other benefit plans at the time they retire only. Retirees who do not maintain health insurance coverage directly from active employment or at the time they meet the criteria to receive a pension benefit, or those who maintain health insurance coverage and drop it at a later date, are not permitted to re-enroll in the City's group health insurance plan.
Benefit Committee Meeting Minutes
August 3, 2016
June 7, 2016
March 7, 2016
February 17, 2016
CONNECTION: The Newsletter for Current and Former City of Clearwater Employees.
Employee Health Center - Cigna On-Site Health
Located at 401 Corbett Street, Suite 240
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To make an appointment call (727) 298-1788
- Must be enrolled in the City's Medical Insurance to use the Health Center - No other requirement
- Managed by Cigna On-Site Health
- Staffed with a receptionist, 1 Physician, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 1 Health Coach, and 2 Medical Assistants
- No cost for ANY services:
- Primary and urgent care office visit
- Prescription drugs
- All services above must be written by the EHC physician.
To obtain your prior records from Care ATC, Click Here
Following are some resources that may be of interest to you.
- Cigna Health Insurance
- Assurant Dental
- Humana/CompBenefits Dental
- Humana Visioncare/Compbenefits
- Cigna Behavioral – Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Retirees covered under the City’s medical plan, also have access to short term therapy available through Cigna Behavioral
- Retirees can receive up to 5 free visits per issue
- Services are completely confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Cigna Behavioral Health offers many different types of short term therapy, including but not limited to:
- Financial support
- Counseling and relationship support
- Stress, anxiety, or depression counseling
- Retirees can receive treatment in the following ways:
- Face to Face
- Telephonic with network provider
- If an employee receives authorization under EAP and the visits are exhausted they can continue care under Cigna’s behavioral health benefits and continue treatment or counseling for a $10.00 copay.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans:
- 401a Money Purchase Pension Plan
As always, you may contact Human Resources with questions about benefits, pension payments, or other concerns by calling (727) 562-4870. You also may submit questions online through the Citizen Request Center using the “Retirees - Questions or Concerns from Retirees” category. Please provide an e-mail address so we may get back in contact with you.