City of Clearwater Retirees
Open Enrollment / Benefits 2015/2016
The City of Clearwater values its retirees and their hard work and dedication throughout the years. Information and resources that you might need after retiring from the city are included here.
Attention retirees with Health Insurance: Karen Dombrowski was recently appointed as the retiree representative on the City’s Benefits Committee. Karen’s role is to assist other committee members and administrators in making prudent decisions involving employee and retiree health benefits each year.
Karen is encouraging all retirees to reach out to her and provide your email address so she can keep you better informed with benefit changes or other pertinent information regarding your benefits as a retiree. Karen’s email address is KJD1613@hotmail.com.
CONNECTION: The Newsletter for Current and Former City of Clearwater Employees.
City retirees have the option of enrolling in the city's medical, dental, and other benefit plans at the time they retire only. Retirees who do not maintain health insurance coverage directly from active employment or at the time they meet the criteria to receive a pension benefit, or those who maintain health insurance coverage and drop it at a later date, are not permitted to re-enroll in the City's group health insurance plan.
Following are some resources that may be of interest to you.
Transition of Care
Transition of Care Form in PDF
If you or your covered dependents on Cigna are currently in treatment for an acute or serious condition and your current physician is not in the new Local Plus Network, you may still have the option to continue treatment with your current physician and receive the services at the “in network” rate.
Transition of care coverage allows you to continue to receive services for specified medical and behavioral conditions for a defined period of time with health care professionals who do not participate in the Local Plus Cigna network until the safe transfer of care to a participating doctor or facility can be arranged.
An employee can submit a Transition of Care form; however, it is subject to review and approval by Cigna. Not all medical conditions qualify for Transition of Care, please see the attached flyer for details.
The request must be submitted to Cigna no later than 30 calendar days after the start date of the new plan (which will be January 1, 2015) and will be reviewed within 10 days of receipt. A letter will be sent to the employee informing him/her of the approval or denial of the request. A separate form must be completed and submitted for each treatment plan and/or healthcare professional. The form is available online at mycigna.com.
- Employee Health Center
- Cigna Health Insurance
- Resources for Living – Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Retirees covered under the City’s medical plan, also have access to short term therapy available through Resources for Living
- Retirees can receive up to 5 free visits per incidents
- Services are completely confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Cigna Behavioral Health offers many different types of short term therapy, including but not limited to:
- Financial support
- Counseling and relationship support
- Stress, anxiety, or depression counseling
- Retirees can receive treatment in the following ways:
- Face to Face
- Telephonic with network provider
- If an employee receives authorization under the EAP and the visits are exhausted they can continue care under Cigna’s behavioral health benefits and continue treatment or counseling for a $10.00 copay.
- Assurant Dental
- Humana/CompBenefits Dental
- Humana Visioncare/Compbenefits
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans:
- 401a Money Purchase Pension Plan
As always, you may contact Human Resources with questions about benefits, pension payments, or other concerns by calling (727) 562-4870. You also may submit questions online through the Citizen Request Center using the “Retirees - Questions or Concerns from Retirees” category. Please provide an e-mail address so we may get back in contact with you.