Parks and Recreation Home
Bicycle and Pedestrian Program
Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
Bicycle and Walking Benefits
Bicycle and Pedestrian Laws
Bicycle Safety Tips
Pedestrian Safety Tips
Parks and Recreation
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing.
- Cross in the crosswalk or at the nearest cross street.
- Follow the pedestrian signal, not the overhead traffic signal.
- Do not begin to cross the street once the red hand
flashes on the pedestrian signal.
- Wear visible clothing.
- Walk facing traffic!
- Be alert-especially at Right-turn-on-red intersections.
- Look both ways before crossing.
Tips For Motorists
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks (marked or unmarked)!
- Be cautious in areas that draw children such as schools.
- Don't speed or run red lights.