Parks and Recreation Home
Bicycle and Pedestrian Program
Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
Bicycle and Walking Benefits
Walking School Bus
Bicycle and Pedestrian Laws
Bicycle Safety Tips
Pedestrian Safety Tips
Parks and Recreation
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing.
- Cross in the crosswalk or at the nearest cross street.
- Follow the pedestrian signal, not the overhead traffic signal.
- Do not begin to cross the street once the red hand
flashes on the pedestrian signal.
- Wear visible clothing.
- Walk facing traffic!
- Be alert-especially at Right-turn-on-red intersections.
- Look both ways before crossing.
Tips For Motorists
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks (marked or unmarked)!
- Be cautious in areas that draw children such as schools.
- Don't speed or run red lights.