Smaller Text Button Larger Text Button - The Official Website of the City of Clearwater, Florida
Home Information Services Activities Government Employment Site Map Espanol Contact Us
City Home > Government > City Departments > Engineering > Traffic Operations > Frequently Asked Questions - Traffic Operations

Engineering Department / Traffic Operations

Engineering Department Home

Traffic Operations Divisions:
Roadside Memorial Marker Program

Expected Road Closures
Documents and Publications

Forms and Applications
City GIS

Engineering Atlas
Invitation to Bid /
City Projects

Engineering Projects
Frequently Asked Questions

Recommended Links
Contact Department

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Some branches/bushes are blocking the intersection at the corner of my street and you can't see traffic. Can they be trimmed?

A: Contact the Traffic Operations Division at (727) 562-4750 for further information and assistance.

Back To Top

Q: Who can give me information on the posting of traffic signs in my neighborhood?

A: Contact the City Traffic Engineering Division at (727) 562-4747 for further information.

Back To Top

Q: How is a sight obstruction handled at an intersection? Who do I call?

A: A letter is sent to the property owner asking them to remove or trim that obstruction, in the case of a plant within 15 days. City forces will remove or trim if the property owner does not comply.
To report such obstructions call (727)-562-4750 and ask for Traffic Operations.

Back To Top

Q: How does a walk signal work?

A: The walk segment of the signal gives the pedestrian anywhere between four and ten seconds before crossing the street. When the walk segment expires the actual amount of time required to cross the street starts its countdown. This is symbolized by a flashing orange “don’t walk” or “hand” on newer models. The final indication is the solid “don’t walk” or “hand” that means just that. For further information or to report a suspected failure, call (727)-562-4750 and ask for the Traffic Operations.

Back To Top

Q: Can I have children at play signs on my street?

A: That particular sign is not used, as it has no enforcement meaning. However in certain cases where there are an abundance of children, standard warning signs that read “Watch Children” can be deployed.

Back To Top

Q: What can I do about speeding on my street?

A: The city will make sure that all the appropriate regulatory devices are in place. The residents can get a petition together requesting the deployment of multi way stop signs or other such traffic control. Contact Traffic Operations for other information.

Back To Top

Q: Can the timing of a traffic signal be changed?

A: Yes it can, after staff in the signal system section investigates to determine if there is a need for updating the timing plan. Here again call (727)-562-4750 and ask for Traffic Operations.

Back To Top