|Solid Waste Home
General Services Home
Solid Waste Collection Schedule Finder
Solid Waste Services:
Documents and Publications
Holiday Collection Schedule
Key Phone Numbers
Utility Customer Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Solid Waste
Commercial Collection Service
Businesses and organizations supplied with Dumpsters should follow these guidelines:
- Dumpsters that are visible at ground level from any public right-of-way or adjacent property must be concealed in a gated enclosure with a reinforced concrete pad. Enclosures must be constructed so the Dumpster is accessible to users and refuse collection trucks, and must conform to City of Clearwater specifications. For assistance or questions, call (727) 562-4920.
- Do not block Dumpster enclosures with vehicles or other obstructions.
- Do not overload containers or place objects on top of closed lids.
- Cut pipes or boards into short lengths so they will not stick out of, or become wedged in, the container.
- Do not place the following materials in the container: concrete, dirt, sod, sand, plaster or other heavy building materials, electronics, paint, tar, hot ashes, flammable, hazardous or biomedical waste, auto batteries and tires.
- Drain and wrap wet garbage prior to placing in the container.
The Solid Waste Department offers a commercial recycling program, collecting corrugated cardboard and other materials from businesses (see Recycling). Call (727) 562-4930 for information.
Commercial Container Service and Repair
Call the Solid Waste Department at (727) 562-4920 to report containers needing service or repair.
Please provide the ID number painted on the container's front, and the service address. Describe type of damage or service needed. Ensure container is easily accessible on day of scheduled repair or service.