Your E-Mail Privacy
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you
do not want your e-mail address released to a public-records request,
do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the Official
Records and Legislative Services office by phone or in writing.
If you send us personal information
If you choose to provide us with personal information -- by filling
out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us
through the Web site -- we use that information to respond to your
message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
We only share the information you give us with another government
agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required
by law. The City of Clearwater does not collect information for commercial
You may decline participation in any activity that asks for information
(i.e., surveys or emails). Your choice to not participate will have
no effect on your ability to access information on the City's Web
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our Web site:
Information collected and stored automatically
If all you do during your visit is browse through the Web site, read
pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information
about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you
personally. Only the following information is automatically collected
and stored about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if
you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if
you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address
is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever
you are surfing the Web) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our Web site from another Web site,
the address of that Web site.
We use this information to help us make the site more useful to visitors
-- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of
technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about
individuals and their visits.
To better serve you, we occasionally use "cookies" to customize
your browsing experience. Cookies are simple text files stored by your
web browser and they provide a method of distinguishing among visitors
to the web sites. Cookies created on your computer by using our web sites
do not contain personally identifiable information and do not compromise
your privacy or security. We use the cookie feature to store a randomly
generated identifying tag on your computer. If you have further questions
about cookies, the Computer Incident Advisory Capacity Unit that monitors
computer problems for the U.S. Department of Energy issued a study on
March 12, 1998, of the risks to users of cookies, titled "Information
Bulletin 1-034: Internet Cookies". You can refuse the cookie
or delete the cookie file from your computer at any time by using any
one of a number of widely available methods. Your choice to refuse the
cookie will not inhibit your access to any of the information available
on the City of Clearwater’s Web site. Your acceptance of the cookie
will serve to provide you with additional functionality in choosing the
information you wish to view on a regular basis.
In certain instances, you will have the opportunity to receive or create
a password to access or submit personal information. You should not divulge
your password to anyone and the City will never ask you for your password
in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. When you are finished with those
applications that are password protected, you should exit the page.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available
to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software
programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts
to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts
are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data
logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction
in accordance with State guidelines for records management and retention.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on
this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the
Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure
Links to other Web sites
Please refer to the City of Clearwater Linking Policy, below. Please
remember that once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy
policy of the new site.
Back to Top
Accuracy of Information Legal Disclaimer
Visitors to our Web site are advised that the information contained with
in the pages and online applications is believed to be accurate. The City
of Clearwater makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to the
content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any of the
information provided, and the City of Clearwater explicitly disclaims
any representations and warranties of any kind, express or implied, including,
without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The City of Clearwater assumes no liability
for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided
regardless of how caused, nor any decision made or action taken or not
taken by reader in reliance upon any information contained within our
Online Utility Account Access Disclaimer
Online utility account access is provided for informational purposes
only. It is neither intended as, nor should be viewed as, an official
record of billing activity. Services and amounts shown may vary from your
actual billing statement. Please consult your actual billing statement
for official records of your billing activity.
Back to Top
External Linking Policy
External links will be permitted to sites that fall under any of the following criteria:
- Sites owned or managed by a local, state, county or federal governmental agency or other regional taxing authority.
- Sites owned or managed by a bona fide educational institution or school board as defined by Florida Statutes, Title XLVII, Section 1003.01(1), 1003.01(2) and 1005.02(4) and within the counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco or Manatee.
- Sites of nonprofit or commercial organizations that have a direct contractual relationship with the city for provision of services to the public on the city’s behalf and/or for sponsorship of city events or activities. A contractual relationship shall be considered a signed agreement between the nonprofit/commercial organization and an authorized city representative.
- Sites of public and private utilities that fall under the franchise authority of the City of Clearwater.
- Sites that provide a unique online resource that complements the provision of city services or information, as determined and approved by the Public Communications Director or designee.
External links will not be permitted to sites that fall under any of the following criteria:
- Sites owned, managed by or providing content for commercial, nonprofit, religious, community, civic or other organizations that do not have a direct contractual relationship with the city for provision of services to the public on the city’s behalf and/or for sponsorship of events or activities.
- Sites owned or managed by a political party, candidate or special interest group or are of a political nature that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office.
- Sites of any political party or organization supporting or opposing any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.
- Sites containing materials that may reasonably be considered offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images and/or slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
Exceptions to this policy:
- Links provided through the Clearwater Public Library System (CPLS) web pages that have been sufficiently reviewed and deemed to meet the CPLS requirements of Accuracy, Authority, Objectivity, Currency and Relevance as outlined by CPLS departmental policy.
The City of Clearwater reserves the right to remove any external link if the nature of the organization or business to which the link relates no longer complies with the city’s external link policy. It may discontinue an external link if at any time the entity’s website provides or promotes false, slanderous, illegal, immoral or incorrect information.
This policy may be revised as appropriate when deemed to be in the best interest of the City of Clearwater and its citizens.