Safe Driver Class to Honor Veterans and Spouses
11/26/2012 9:34:11 AM
Contact: Karen Brooks, (727) 657-7433 or email email@example.com.
AARP Offers Safe Driver Class to Honor Veterans and Spouses
CLEARWATER, Fla. – The AARP Driver Safety Program will honor current and former military personnel Tuesday, Nov. 27 with a free driver safety classes tailored for them and their spouses.
The City of Clearwater Public Library and the city’s Risk Management Division will co-host one such class Tuesday, Nov. 27 at the Clearwater Main Library, 100 N. Osceola Ave. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch is not provided with the class.
Pre-registration is required along with proof of military service or spouse’s proof of military service.
The class is for experienced drivers who may not have taken a driver safety class for a number of years or for those seeking discounts on their auto insurance from companies that provide breaks for those who complete driver safety classes. Topics include:
• How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
• How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
• The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
• Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
• Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
• The effects of medications on driving
• The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
Attendees may be entitled to auto insurance rate reductions and all certifications will be valid for three years. For more information, or to register, please call instructor Karen Brooks, (727) 657-7433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.